Thursday, November 15, 2012

Touchdown in the Munich airport!

Nothing but smooth sailing so far, well, more like flying...

The flight went by so fast! I couldn’t believe it, before I knew it we were landing. They served dinner right away and gave us a choice of salmon or pesto pasta. I opted for the pesto pasta. It was surprisingly pretty good. It came with a little salad, bread, desert, and some crackers. Then I watched the movie 'Chocolat', which I’ve never seen before. Not sure why, but it was listed as a comedy... Anyway, I also watched ‘What to expect when you’re expecting.’ I liked both of them. Then I slept, or at least tried to sleep. It was tough to find a comfortable spot though despite having such a great seat on the plane. No one was sitting next to me and I had an aisle seat with lots of leg room! Woohoo! For breakfast they served an egg omelet, not that good :( . Once I woke up a little and walked around a bit, I came back and watched Spiderman. I’ve never seen that movie either. Haha. Unfortunately I didn’t get to see the very end though because that’s when the plane was landing. Man, I was so bummed! Of course we had to be landing at the best part and thus they stopped the movie! Guess I will just have to rent it sometime. 

Now, I’m sitting in the Munich airport at one of the café’s near my gate. I ordered a tiny bottle of sparkling lemonade and an apple for four euros. So far I have heard many French speakers. Oh how I miss French so much!! I will have to make it out there while I am here so I can speak some French :).

I love airports... I like people watching and hearing other languages. The prices for everything are outrageous of course but that is to be expected. I probably had the biggest grin on my face as I got off the plane. So excited to know that I finally made it and would be arriving in Prague shortly.

Anyway, off to catch my plane from Munich to Prague. See you next time Munich! 

No comments:

Post a Comment