Sunday, November 18, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Today I turned 24! Oh my! So what's the first thing I do as a 24 year old? Wake up and go for a short run around the neighborhood. :) I put on my cold weather workout gear (some pants, longsleeve shirt, and some gloves) and I was off! The apartment is on this little mountain, which is great because there are stairs connecting one street to the other that I can run up and down. It's a great workout! 

Then my cousin took the bus into Prague to celebrate my birthday with me! I showed her my apartment where I was staying and she gave me my birthday present. :) We got on the metro and went downtown. We took care of some business at the vodafone store and then went to lunch. The food was delicious and it was really nice to just talk and eat. I had a spinach/pesto risotto. Yum!
(Mich and I at an little Italian restaurant near Palladium)

After lunch we went to Palladium to do some shopping because I needed to get a couple things. While shopping we had to take a small coffee break of course at Costa Coffee.
 (Enjoying my gingerbread coffee! Mmmm...Coffeeeeeeee)
 Not quite sure what to do next so we headed to the movie theater to go see the new movie Twilight. I've never read any of the books or seen the other movies but I thought why not? The movie was really good and I even learned some new Czech words while watching it because of the subtitles.  :) Once it was over, we went back home to get ready to go out and meet up with everyone else.

Overall it was a fantastic birthday and I'm very happy that I got to spend the day with my cousin!!

Later that night we went with the rest of the group to a bar downtown, a few blocks away from Wenceslas Square. The bar was great except for all of the smoke. It was mostly underground and pretty big. I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Christine!!! I'm so glad you are having fun with your cousin!

    I want you to watch this speech from a Toastmaster who shoot to fame by being an introvert, quiet person. Something I was trying to tell you last time at Toastmasters:
    http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts.html

    I still remember when you asked me in a Table Topics what I prefer: learn a new sport or read books.Susan Cain, the one on the video, is an avid reader!

    This speech is featured i ou last TM magazine I got yesterday.
    BTW, take a picture of your self with a TM magazine and send it to the magazine editors; they will publish it. Just say you are from US living in Prage now.

    ReplyDelete